Friday 4 November 2011

Casual Friday



Vintage green beret,vintage cardigan,M&S denim shirt,Reiss jeans,Nude Reebok workouts.


It's casual Friday today so I'm back to assisting teaching Drama. Half term is over. But it's Friday and the weekend is only hours away.

Miss Si si is happy to be back at school, there is only one problem.... she was very excited to enter into the Xmas competition of making a Xmas card. The winner was to be picked out from each year by the Mayor. This is her take on what happened " Mum the Mayor chose Alice Paddberry to win the Xmas card competition. How she won I don't know all she drew was a simple boring tree with presents under."

I explained to sienna that there are two year two classes, so altogether sixty children so she shouldn't feel upset as a lot of children missed out as well. Her response was......

" YES well maybe they didn't really want to win. I REALLY REALLY did. I've been waiting for this moment my whole life. It's my dream... but noooooo Alice has stolen my chance to be Xmas card champ. The good news is that there is a writing competition coming up and I am going to knock her dead! I am going to win..Yes I surrender that I am going to WIN!"

I asked her what the details for the writing competition were! She said

"Well let me tell you. Some lines are on a page and a box to draw your favourite toy and write about that toy blah blah blah. You know mum generally what does it fell like, the name of it etc etc. Basically any sensible suitable thing. I want to write with passion! I want them to feel what im feeling inside my heart, what message I want to spread to the school. This time no one will take my spot, because I know no one can write as much as I can. I will add a sheet and extra lines if I have to and that is how I know... I will WIN! Now will you please give it up for me Sienna! Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are all far to kind."


All far to kind? As far as I know her speech was only heard by me one. I cant think who that last comment was directed at.

After this heartfelt passionate outburst she went back to skipping. To say I was in shock by her passion,drive and competitive streak is an understatement. I'm really scared for Alice Paddberry or anyone that steps in her way. I must try and explain to her quality is better than quantity.

After school today we are going to have a family meal and fireworks. Sienna has always been terrified of fireworks so I'm sure tonight will be quite an experience.

Love Me and Si si xx

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hello darling!
    Thank you very much for stumbling across Mom and Son, and
    thank for your sweet comment.
    Nice to meet a mom like you in blogosphere.
    You and your daughter look so cute together.

    I'm now following back in GFC
    so see you around.

    ReplyDelete

© The loves of Me and mini ME. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig